Karnataka Railways has launched an scheme for providing tickets at very subsidized rates. This scheme has been aimed for poor people who travel by train. Department has given the name – “Izzat Scheme”. The tickets being provided are called – Izzat Tickets. If you are interested in this scheme, then before doing anything else, you are advised to read all about this cheap railways fare scheme. Let’s get started.
Karnataka Railways Izzat Scheme
Many people ask that why the name of this scheme is “Izzat”. According to the department, this scheme provides opportunity to the poorest of the poor to travel with dignity. That’s why this name was selected.
What is the Eligibility Criteria ?
- This scheme is only for people belonging to Low-income groups. The persons who have been certified as earning less than 1500 per month are eligible to take the benefit of this scheme
Benefit of this Scheme –
- Under this scheme, eligible people will be able to get the tickets at very subsidized rates. Here is the exact detail –
- Eligible people will have to pay Just Rs. 25 per month for daily one way travel of up-to 150 kilometers. This amount is very less than the regular monthly pass. So, if you are eligible, you must make most of this opportunity.
- These passes have been given the name, Izzat Pass.
How to Apply for Izzat Pass | Izzat Tickets
- First of all, the eligible people need to provide the necessary documentation (i.e. income proof)
- Then they need to fill in the application form that will be provided by the department
- Now the department will cross-check the information and will soon issue the Izzat pass
- This pass can then be used by the eligible travelers during their journey
In an recent conversation, a minister has told that the department can also issue these passes totally free of cost too, but the applicant must complete all the formalities first.